BeeBee Wraps are reusable beeswax and cotton food wraps used in place of plastic that can be used in place of plastic to wrap sandwiches, to cover food in the fridge or larder and to cover your sourdough loaf on the bread board. Using only the warmth of your hands, shape the wrap around containers and food to create a breathable seal, which will keep food fresh.
We recommend using them to cover everything except raw or cooked meat.They are ideal for wrapping cheese that is kept in a cool larder and we keep one for specifically for that job.
After use, clean your BeeBee Wrap in cold water using a sponge or dishcloth and, if needed, a mild soap. Hang it up or spread it on a clean dish drainer to dry naturally.
Every few months you can refresh and pasteurise your BeeBee Wrap in the oven. Place it on a sheet of baking paper at 130°C for a maximum of one minute. Remove immediately, carefully hold aloft until it is dry, which only takes a matter of seconds.
Take care of your BeeBee Wrap and it will last up to twelve months. When you’ve finished with the wrap, either put it on the compost heap or use it as a firelighter.
There are two size options:
1. A pack of three wraps, which includes one of each size:
- small 18 x 18 cm - suitable for covering jars and small bowls
- medium 26 x 26 cm - suitable for wrapping a small person’s sandwich
- large 45 x 55 cm - suitable for covering a larger bowl or wrapping a hunk of bread
2. A single, extra large bread wrap (45 x 55 cm) - for covering a good-sized sourdough loaf or a generous lunch
Choose from these colours:
- Cherry Blossom
- Brush Mist Teal
- Red Polka