Bread Matters Christmas Competition 2017
The competition is now closed.
WIN breadmaking books, breadmaking equipment or Bread Matters’ preserves to get your Festive Season off to a great start.
The first prize winner will receive a signed, boxed copy of Andrew Whitley’s book Bread Matters: Why and How To Make Your Own, with a Bread Matters original sourdough starter tucked inside. Included in the prize are a small baking tin, two Bread Matters scrapers and a couche cloth for proving a baguette or bâtard. A recipe and full instructions for using the couche cloth to make a ‘baguette de tradition’ will also be included.
The second prize winner will receive a signed copy of the bestselling DO Sourdough: Slow bread for busy lives, with an original Bread Matters sourdough starter and two Bread Matters dough scrapers.
This prize also includes three strong, durable crumpet rings; perfect for creating sourdough crumpets from the recipe in DO Sourdough.
The third winner will receive a set of preserves from the Macbiehill Farmhouse kitchen: blackcurrant jam, redcurrant jelly and a spiced chutney made from roasted squash and aronia berries. This prize also includes a 1kg bag of organic Scotland The Bread flour, freshly milled from heritage grains. Win the chance to be amongst the first to bake with this Scottish-grown flour, produced by Bread for Good Community Benefit Society.
To enter, read the terms and conditions and complete the entry form below. Competition closes 16th December 2017
Terms and Conditions
- The Competition is open to UK, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland residents except employees and their immediate families of Bread Matters Ltd, the List, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- The competition is limited to one entry per person.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The prize draw closes at midnight on 16 December 2017.
- By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- All complete and correct entries received will be entered into the prize draw to win one of the prizes listed above.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash or alternative prize will be available. If, due to circumstances beyond its control, Bread Matters is unable to provide the prizes as described, it reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- The winners will be drawn at random, under independent supervision, from all the correct entries received. The first name to be drawn will be awarded the first prize, the second name drawn will receive the second prize and the third name drawn will receive the third prize.
- The draw will take place between midnight on 16 December 2017 and midnight on 17 December 2017.
- The prize winners will be notified by email and their prizes will be sent by post to the address given on given on the competition entry form (not to any other address) by 21 December 2017. The promoter's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The name of each prize winner, and the county in which he or she lives, will be announced by Bread Matters Ltd. on its website and in relevant promotional materials during December 2017 and/or January 2018. The winners may be invited to participate or to cooperate in further publicity about the competition.
- Further information may be sent and/or offers made to entrants by Bread Matters Ltd. The email address from every complete entry will be included in Bread Matters’ database and entrants will receive Bread Matters newsletters unless and until they ‘unsubscribe’. Newsletters will not exceed eight per year.
- Bread Matters will not pass on any entrant’s or winner’s personal details to any other organisation without his or her permission.