This is a collection of articles about bread and everything that connects to it. New ones occasionally materialise. Feel free to share with others – and please tell them you first read it at www.breadmatters.com
- On sourdough – and pseudough
Blog for Artisan Food Law (April 2014)
- Hands on my bread!
Notes on the Real Bread Revolution (August 2013)
- The case for a new National Loaf
(2012) A joined-up policy suggestion to transform public health through better (and more honest) standards for our daily bread.
- How many bakers does it take to change a food system?
- Fresh bread – you can’t (b)eat it!
Originally published in the Daily Mail, 21/7/2010
- The unbearable lightness of baking
(2009) Originally published in the Food Magazine
- Bread & Russia
(2001) Originally published in Gastronomica, The Journal of Food & Culture, University of California Press. ISSN 1529-3262.